Tuesday 24 April 2012

Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation Review.

Okay so everyone and their Mum has been raving about the new Rimmel London Wake Me Up foundation. After seeing the advert with Kate Moss about a thousand times, I was sold so I thought I would jump on the band wagon, even though I do sit firmly in the Revlon foundation camp.  



              Rather in love with the gorgeous glass bottle. I'm a total sucker for packaging.
 The colour range isn't that large and I found the true ivory a little bit orange, but with a bit of blending down my neck it looks fine. 
A great feature about the packaging is that it comes with a pump. Which I love as I tend to use too much foundation if it doesn't have one.

Now I tend to personally prefer a matte finish with my foundation, but after a rather "interesting" problem with an acne regime, which left my skin ridiculously dry (the complete opposite to the usual oil sleek I tend to have on my face).  I have been going for a dewy finish, to prevent a rather flaky face!

I found this foundation was perfect for a dewy finish which is bang on trend for spring. It has fine pieces of glitter in the formula, which seem to help with the anti-fatigue effect + radiant glow it promises on the packaging. Don't worry you won't end up looking like Edward Cullen though, which I sometimes find with the glitter in the Revlon HD Ready foundation. It feels really moisturising when it goes on, but doesn't slide about. It gives a medium coverage, so you don't feel too caked in foundation. This has SPF 15 in it, which is great for Spring/Summer as we don't want to have to keep putting oily sunscreen on our faces do we?

On the Rimmel website it says the foundation lasts up to 10 hours. I personally wouldn't know if it lasts this long, as I don't wear foundation for that amount of time. However it does last me the 8 hour days at work.

This foundation has a really lovely scent. It seems really fresh and clean. Most of the Rimmel foundations have this scent. I only know because my first ever foundation was a Rimmel one and so every time I smell this foundation I feel 13 again.

I purchased mine from Boots at £8.99, but because it is new there, maybe there are some special offers at Superdrug. Overall I am really impressed with this foundation. I definitely think I have been converted. Sorry Revlon.

Tanya xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Will definitely consider giving it a try of my own

    Following, and looking forward to future posts.
    xo,
    Lilithfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete