Monday 21 May 2012

Reusing Candle Jars.

For a while I have been storing my brushes in a makeup bag, but I found the bristle were getting all messed up and misshaped. So when I finally finished off some of the candles I have had since winter, I decided to make my own brush holders. It is not like you have to be an artist to create one, in fact a child could do it, but I thought I would show you my ones anyway. 

All you have to do is scrape out the wax (obviously) give it a good clean and decorate if you wish. With the first one I took the label off and tied a glossy box ribbon around the top.  Plain and simple!


I actually bought this candle mostly for the pot it came in. With this one I just filled it with little balls of wax I had left over from a candle making kit. It means all the brushes will stand separately so I can find the one I want really easily. Plus I think it makes it look nicer.



You can also use candle jars for storing other items on your dressing table. This old yankee candle jar is great for my cotton pads. Even though I have washed this jar out thoroughly it still smells of grapes and makes all my cotton pads smell the same which is a nice touch.

Do you guys use your old candle jars for anything?

xoxo
Tanya


No comments:

Post a Comment