Tuesday 1 May 2012

April Glossy Box.

Okay, so I have been getting Glossy Boxes since October and I do find that each month can be bit of hit and miss. Don't get me wrong I love getting a monthly box full of surprises, but when you pay around £12 a month you would like to have at least 2 products you would actually use in each box. This month I must admit I liked almost everything and was so pleased, because I was getting to the point were I was thinking of cancelling my subscription. So enough of me moaning and lets have a look at what I got in my box.





 This months theme was organic and natural beauty products. 


The box is 100% biodegradable and a light brown, which makes a nice change from their usual pastel pink.


This is the first product I saw when I opened the box and probably the one I am most excited about. It is the Caudalie Vinosource Thirst-Quenching Serum. This product is the deluxe size sample and as you can see from the picture you get 10ml of product. The full size is 30ml and cost £29.00, so you are getting just under £10 worth of product from this alone. The reason I am so excited to use this product is because there is a huge hype around the Caudalie Beauty Elixir and the brand it self. On the card from the box it says his serum is newly-launched so it makes it feel even more special as it is such a new product. I can't wait to try this out.


This is probably my second favourite product I received. It is the Figs & Rouge Lip Balm. The full size is £3.29. It is 100% organic, 100% pure and 100% Natural.  Not only is it all of these things but it smells so amazing and the packaging is beautiful (and we all know I'm a sucker for packaging). I received the peppermint and tea tree scented one and I must admit I think I will be keeping this in my handbag for a while. It says on the packaging that it is a multipurpose balm however I think I will be using it just for my lips as it is a little oily for me.


This is the Monu Professional Skincare Enriched Body Cream, it is £23.00 for the full size which is 200ml. I tried this on the back of my hand it is felt really nice and none greasy, however it smells like lemons which I personally don't like. So my Sister will be getting a free moisturiser from me!


This item is probably the one I was least excited about. It is the Inika Cosmetics eyeliner, full size £11.75. I'm sure it would be a great product as it goes on smoothly, it's really pigmented and has lovely packaging. The major downside is I do not wear green eyeliner! I would have been so happy with this product in black, I could have even liked it in brown. But green, just doesn't work for me. I'm sure it looks lovely on some people, but just not me.




The last item in my box is the Philip B Drop Dead Straighting Balm. I think I have heard of Philip B before and may have used some of their products and really liked them. The full size is £17.00 for 178ml (bit of an odd amount). This balm is a non-greasy, silicone-free water-soluble styling product. I still have to try this out, but it looks interesting. I read the directions on the back and you use a very small amount each times so I think I will get a lot of uses out of this.



xoxo Tanya


2 comments:

  1. looks like it was a good month x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has probably been my favourite month yet :) x

      Delete